After years of stuffing around with different renderers, including VRay, MentlRay and Maxwell I have finally settled on Keyshot. On a Mac using Maya, for what I want to do it seems ideal.
Above are some very early materials test. Early days and a long way to go, but Keyshot with it’s new Materials Graph looks very promising.
The mesh is my old 375Plus Ferrari and I still need complete it and repair some poorly formed parts. There are no texture maps, all parts are modelled including the instrument dials.
I am finally getting back into modelling and for a while will be concentrating on 3 projects. The Ferrari 375 has been annoying me for a while in that I have never been happy with the underlying mesh – so I have gone back and fixed the issues. The intention is to do each of the variations of the “Plus”, including the longer nose model that Bonhams recently sold. (reference image below)
I am also going to be detailing the Ferrari Transporter, fixing that mesh as well, and doing new versions of the 34 Ford.
Update to my 275 GTB – about to start my Daytona project – while finalising the detail for this.
Dash and windscreen wiper detail
I built this for the 275 – it is fairly accurate but I have taken some liberties in simplifying some pieces and generising others to allow it to be used across all my single cam Ferraris
My current project as at May 2011. I’ve been working on it off and on for the past couple of years.